A converged solution for multigenerational network signaling and routing
Nexign Signaling is an end-to-end integrated solution that converges 3G, 4G and 5G signaling and enables traffic routing in the hybrid 4G-5G core networks. The Nexign solution helps mobile operators build a reliable and scalable signaling network to embrace the rapid growth of Diameter traffic in the LTE networks and prepare for the future traffic surge generated by the upcoming 5G SA and IoT services.
Nexign Signaling simplifies the signaling network topology, which leads to a reduction in the network maintenance costs and complexity, as well as speeds up the configuration and commissioning of new network functions (NF) in a multivendor environment.
The Nexign integrated solution uses 3GPP-compliant Service Communication Proxy (SCP) and Network Repository Function (NRF) to support 5G signaling and a Diameter Routing Agent (DRA) / Diameter Edge Agent (DEA) to support 4G and previous generations of mobile networks.
Single Control Point for Signaling Network
- Centralized signaling traffic routing and load balancing in 3G, 4G, 5G NSA and 5G SA networks, instead of many disparate peer-to-peer connections between NFs
- 4G/5G signaling interworking for seamless service delivery across multiple network generations
Smooth Evolution to 5G
- Ready infrastructure to launch new 5G NSA services and gradually roll out 5G SA while supporting running applications in the previous network generations
- CAPEX optimization thanks to 4G Core interworking with the new PCF and CCS and 5G Core interworking with the existing PCRF and OCS, using the HTTP/2 – Diameter interworking
Support for Advanced Business Cases
- Launch of complex services such as VoLTE/VoNR and MVNO roaming based on the simultaneous involvement of multiple NFs
- Full control over the Quality of Service (QoS) parameters for the subscriber session through the dynamic management of NF instances in real time
Enhanced Elasticity and Security of the Signaling Network
- Scalability, 99.999% availability, and performance fit for telcos of any level, from Tier 4 to Tier 1
- Failover and load balancing based on dynamic policies and traffic prioritization
- Congestion control in case of accidents, DDoS attacks, or an unexpected surge in application traffic and NF registration requests
Optimized TCO and Reduced Control Plane Maintenance Cost
- No compatibility issues when setting up new NF instances from different vendors thanks to a single configuration point and message format mediation
- Lower hardware requirements thanks to reduced resource consumption and scalability of the solution
- No third-party commercial licenses included